Saturday, July 26, 2008

My First Post

Life has been extremely challenging with forces pushing and pulling on this tender family, forces that we can feel just about daily. I am thankful for a strong testimony in the gospel so that I understand what those forces are and why and it keeps me that much more committed to having a strong gospel foundation in my life so those children who wish to move forward and receive the blessings that come from living the gospel have that opportunity because we provided the way and the example. I have hesitated for some time to have a blog, feeling primarily protective of my family, but have decided it's time to be free from that. I want to thank Stephanie's example in blogging to get me to realize that it's better to share and be public than to be made afraid to do so. It is in sharing our joys and trials that we are able to lift each other up.

2 comments:

Kdskids said...

Hey Leslie,

Congrats on overcoming your fears. I feel the same way but tried to start a blog to...unfortuneately I never seem to have much time or anything to write about. I look forward to visiting your blog and "talking" with you.

Hugs, Kathy Fairchild

i said...

Hooray! I'm glad you started a blog. It will be fun to see more of what you guys are up to! I always like reading your comments so I'm excited to hear what else you have to say!