Tuesday, March 31, 2009

NYU It is!

Well, NYU it is! Trisha ended up with the AnBryce scholarship and is thrilled about that and I think it is actually the best choice. The AnBryce scholarship not only covers her tuition for 3 years, but it's a program of mentoring. It's given to students who "have overcome significant economic hardship."

Anyway, I'm very thrilled for her and while I didn't see this coming, she hasn't talked much about NYU previously (she applied to many schools and was accepted to many so we'd talked about other ones, but this one only maybe briefly), she shared with me so thoughts she'd held close to the vest so I know this was the right fit for her and am so happy for her.

It's a long ways from "home", but Trisha has also always had a yearning for NYC. She went to a summer program once while in high school and tried to go to NY for her undergrad and I just couldn't see her being that far from home (we lived in No Cal at the time). So this really does feel like the right place for her. The AnBryce scholarship is so awesome, too, it almost seems like the BEST part of going to NYU!

2 comments:

Terri Jo said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Tell her be a divorce lawyer LOL

Tara said...

COngrats!!!!!!! I know she will love it.