Thursday, April 2, 2009

Piano is for Girls!

That's what Philip says. He really resisted taking lessons and about a year ago, we said piano lessons are as required as going to school is and if he didn't do them, he couldn't play sports (Philip? NOT play sports? IMPOSSIBLE!). I'll skip the part where I pulled over on the road on the way to Little League sign ups to make him decide. :-) He got a reprieve after the rec center piano lessons I signed him up for for lack of knowing a private teacher fell through after one session because of scheduling. But, we found a new private teacher this year that they love and lo and behold, he's doing very well with his piano lessons and every time his teacher gives him something new to play, he just picks up on it right away. Granted, he's still a beginning student so maybe it's always easy to pick things up, but his teacher made a point of commenting to me how he is very good and seems to have a natural talent. He's so funny. I actually taped his twin sister playing "Love at Home" and him sitting on the bench next to her singing. Hehe! He would have NEVER done it if he knew I was taping .... I love that little boy. Sheridan goes first for her lesson because then I pick her up and get her home for our soccer carpool pick up and Philip was playing with neighbors during Sheridan's lesson so before he went back into the piano teacher's house, he had to come all away around the car to give his Mama a kiss. I think often of the things I need to teach this very boy boy so he'll be a good husband and father some day and am mindful daily of his good heart at least with regard to his Mom. The way he and his sister fight, if I didn't know this side of him, I would seriously wonder! After having mouthy girls (shhh), it's nice to have the more even keel relationship with my son. He's feisty and stubborn, but just isn't given to mouthing off to me for the sake of drama, having the last word, etc. He was my tough one when he was younger, the bigger cryer, etc. so it's nice to have this payoff and I'm really enjoying seeing him accomplish things he's involved in.

And, he thinks things like this are hysterically funny. We saw this person on the freeway just ahead of this before we got off at our exit. They did, too. The kids insisted I take a picture so I caught up and snapped this picture. And, yes, I was driving.Female Motorcyclist Rides with Winnie the Pooh Backpack

3 comments:

Tara said...

that picture is funny!!!!
GOOD for them Piano can be fun, too bad I can't be their teacher I would give them treats every week.

Leslie said...

You know they would love you as their teacher with NO treats. And, we'd have so much fun if you guys lived here again .... :-(

cynphil6 said...

He'll be glad he took piano when all the girls think he's soooo cute
sitting behind it and playing!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words.

Happy Easter!