Friday, June 5, 2009

Hitting the Open Highway

Tonight I finally got a chance to go out with DH on his baby. The kids have gone out with DH with my gear on, but I didn't want to go out for a spin even just around the neighborhood and leave the kids home alone so tonight for date night, we planned a ride. We headed out to Boulder City, picked up Capriotti's for dinner, and headed out to Lake Mead. We rode along the shoreline road and scoped out a different launch for the boat next time, stopped at a scenic overlook, scoped out secluded beaches to park the boat at some time, then continued on around to the entrance near Lake Las Vegas. The weather was beautiful and we were riding before and during the sunset which was awesome because we had an unobstructed view. The sun was hiding behind an odd-shaped cloud, illuminating behind it at one point. I wish I had my camera. Well, other than on my Blackberry like these pics Sheridan took of us before we left! We hung out at Lake Las Vegas for a while, watched a concert on the green there. It was a Johnny Cash tribute. Not a fan, but it was relaxing and enjoyable, especially when they put on normal music when the band went on break. :-) We stopped for a Target registry scope out, ran into friends with their 9mo twin babies, then headed home. It was great fun!

With Saturdays being so busy and Sunday set aside for church and Sabbath day, it doesn't leave a lot of time to ride as a couple, but Lloyd's been driving his baby every day to work so I'm good. It was fun, I had little or no nerves about the ride, and most of all DH was very happy I went with him and that made me happy. I have to admit it is really fun and I noticed that strangers spoke to us that I don't think otherwise would have so that was nice!
Before Our Maiden Voyage Together

1 comment:

cynphil6 said...

Hooray for you! Glad you're enjoying it! You two look "Born to be wild"
xoxo