Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First glasses, now braces! What next??

Philip (9.5yo) got a referral from school for failing the vision screening so over the Christmas break, we took him to the optometrist. Leading up to it, we heard no end of declarations how he was NOT going to wear glasses. We figured it would be a big battle getting to the appointment. Thankfully, it was not. The optometrist was really good with him. I clued him into Philip's state of mind on this. He told us how anyone that's told they do NOT need glasses tries to talk him into finding a way that they DO need glasses. Seems to be the rage to wear glasses. Somehow Philip ended up doing just fine which is good because he DOES need glasses. We let him pick them out right there even though I know of a good online site to buy them for much much less on .... I figured we better just keep going with the flow. Anyway, the glasses aren't in yet, but Philip picked a very stylish pair. I'll share a pic when he gets them!

So yesterday I had the twins to an orthodontic consult appointment. Getting ready to leave the house, Philip said, "First glasses, now braces! What next??" LOL. He has repeatedly told us how either will ruin his life. My bank account is happy to report that they DO need braces, but not for another few years still. :-)

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Leslie, thank you for your concern. I fixed the LA Times article link and the same article is linked in the sentence below that says (see how this will affect Thrift stores) Hope that helps. I contacted my US Representative but I didn't get a good response. I'm not sure what to do.

Karen said...

I contacted Shelley Berkley's office and this is the reply that she sent me.

Dear Karen:
Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. As your representative, I always enjoy hearing from you on issues that you are passionate about. Your opinions and comments are very important to me and I will keep your views in mind when I vote on issues that are of value to you.
If you have further concerns or recommendations, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://berkley.house.gov.

Sincerely,
SHELLEY BERKLEY
Member of Congress

It doesn't sound like she is going to do anything about it. I also wrote to John Ensign and Harry Reid

Leslie said...

OK, bah, well honestly ... that doesn't surprise me coming from that particular rep. :-X

Maybe she could cut through the BS and share with you how she is planning to vote. :-)